Stove with back boiler

Ruam

We are currently building an extention to our house and want to put in a stove with a back boiler to heat a large room but also want to hear the radiators downstairs. We have access to timber so do not want a wood pellet stove.

I saw on a website a stove called the La Nordica TSN which outputs roughly 6Kw to the room and 14Kw to the water. Has anyone any experience using this stove? Is there anyother stove with a similiar output?

Thanks

Ruam

I have a 2 Jotul multifuel stoves in my home, 1 without a back boiler and 1 with a backboiler. The reason I decided upon this is if no ESB etc I can still have heat with the stove with no back boiler. The one with the backboiler will heat water and some rads (not sure how many as I have 23 in hse) if I had no oil.

They are both brilliant, I only use the one without the backboiler during the winter and the one with backboiler at Christmas etc as it is in our dining room. My parents have a Jotul in their home as well.

On a winters day we would light the stove in the morning and when up and lighting we put a good shovel of polish coal on it and it stays going til late in the evening when we may put in a stick or two to liven up the appearance. The house would still be warm in the morning from it. Our sitting room is 17' by 20' and we would have to leave the sitting room door open into hall as the room would be so hot. They are so safe that you can go off about your business for the day and the house is lovely and warm when you get back.

I have Stanley stoves with backboilers in some of my rented properties and they heat aprox 6 rads no problem.

The Jotul is much more fuel efficient and much easier to clean out than the stanley. I purchased the Jotul stoves from Fenton Fires in Greystones and they are so helpful and reliable and offer sound advice. (no assocciation with them - just a satisfied customer)

Both are Jotul No 3. Matt Black. Also look for the clean burn to help clean the glass door - very handy.

My parents have a little Jotul 602 in one room.
A single log will heat the room for a day .