Storage Heating again

K

kaef

Hello,

I read threads about storage heaters last two hours, but didn't find any help.

I've just moved into the new apartment. First night I turned on two storage heaters, they started work @ 11:06pm, but finished too early (I wake up every day @ 5:30, so I discovered it). Since that night, they're off, and I can't turn them on.

The question is: is that the problem with wiring in my apt if all of the storage heaters stopped working and I will need to pay for service (short on money this month)? Or just call ESB? Maybe it's something wrong with night time meter?

Have you checked the thermostat switch on the wall - if that is turned down too low they may not click on- hope that makes sense.

Hello,

I read threads about storage heaters last two hours, but didn't find any help.

I've just moved into the new apartment. First night I turned on two storage heaters, they started work @ 11:06pm, but finished too early (I wake up every day @ 5:30, so I discovered it). Since that night, they're off, and I can't turn them on.

The question is: is that the problem with wiring in my apt if all of the storage heaters stopped working and I will need to pay for service (short on money this month)? Or just call ESB? Maybe it's something wrong with night time meter?

when you say
I've just moved into the new apartment.
are you renting? then its your landlords problem
did you purchase? and if its new? then you should be contacting the developer

regardless, you need a professional, as you don't want to be messing about with the elec

Landlord's problem.

Sounds like the fuse on the circuit has gone.

Storage Heaters are designed to use low level electricity at night to store heat for release during the day.

Have you checked the thermostat switch on the wall - if that is turned down too low they may not click on- hope that makes sense.
I checked thermostat switch last night. I've heard "click" when turned on high temprature and heater was still not working.

lowCO2design said:
are you renting? then its your landlords problem
Yes, I'm renting, so that's perfect information. Don't need to pay electrician for changing hidden fuse;) Just need to hide my cat somewhere, cause agreement says "strictly no pets";)

onq said:
Sounds like the fuse on the circuit has gone.
I have a fuse box with switches. All are on. Do You suggest to change switches responsible for storage heaters?

Milion thanks. Just thinking, maybe I will not fix it? That may be nice saving on next ESB bill;)

No, I'm not suggesting anything.

You've done the basic check.

Now inform your landlord. :)

Back