Storage Heaters vs Oil during winter months in holiday home

RugbyBoy

Hi All,

I have a holiday home which has storage heaters to keep the chill and damp off during the winter months when the place is empty.

I just got a bill for 230 euros for two months of which 130e was for night units. These are from actual readings. Some day units are we there over Xmas

It could be that the storage heaters are on max as I dont think the bill was that high last year and its a bit of a trek to check at the monent

I also have oil central heating and was wondering if putting that on a timer at say 18deg for a few hours every night would be cheaper

Any suggestion?

RB

My experience is that there is nothing worse than storage heaters, cannot understand how so much property in Ireland with it's damp climate has them installed. Also they don't seem to heat the building, seem to heat the room while you are there only. Oil or gas is far better, and far less complicated.

Totally agree, without going into cost of units and oil etc etc I think there is nothing worse than electric heating.

Electric for heating - regardless of the mode of delivery - is always going to be significantly more expensive than oil/gas.

Thanks for the replies was starting to think that myself

Any advice on what setting to use? just wanted to keep place dry and avoid freezing pipes

Back