Storage heater problems

Bobbyg

I have two storage heaters in my living room at home one of which is a combi heater, they are both duplex heaters. I went on holidays recently and turned them both off, when i returned i switched them both back on but there is still no heat coming from the combi heater. This anyone know what the problem might be?

Could be the switch fuse. Has happened to me a few times with storage heaters.....Has this occured for both heaters or just one?

Could be the switch fuse. Has happened to me a few times with storage heaters.....Has this occured for both heaters or just one?
Its only happened to one, the combi heater. I can still turn it on manually but when I just want to put the storage heater on it wont work.

Agree with Lauren, switch fuse is problem, the manual heater still works, storage heating is affected. I had to call out an electrician, this fuse is located under top cover, and is literally a switch to reset the heater. Sparks said probably caused by drying clothes too close to vents.
McGann

I have just noticed that there are two controls in our fuse box one labelled day the other night both have -2 & -4 on one side and +2 and +4 ont he other. What should these be set too and are these to do with the storage heaters?

Back