Storage for personal documents

pat127

Apologies if this is in the wrong Forum...

Today's IT, Property/Q&A gives some info about the possibility of having secure storage available for personal documents. It's a real problem when Banks and Solicitors are refusing to keep them. It means keeping house Deeds at home for example.

Does anyone know anything about the company mentioned Crown Records Management? I can't find a website,

Pat

Never heard of Crown but the company we use is Data Records & Management. [broken link removed] They have a huge storage site in Blanchardstown and I believe they now have a "self storage" facility near the IFSC.

Edited to add - no affiliation with them apart from as a customer

We paid off our EBS mortgage early a few years ago. To save a few bob on document storage (and hassle), we didn't bother to pick up the deeds as we don't need them.

Just to be sure, I got a letter off them last year confirming that they had the deeds in their posession.

pat127 said:
It's a real problem when Banks and Solicitors are refusing to keep them. It means keeping house Deeds at home for example.
Have been meaning to do this for my parents. Didn't even occur to me that my bank mighn't be interested. Has anybody encountered this from their bank?

I was able to lodge our house deeds for safe keeping at the bank (PTSB) at no cost. The mortgage had been with EBS and they no longer had capacity to store them when the mortgage was cleared.

Pat Crown Record Management Ireland used to be called Irish Security Archives and are locate in Finglas , they were part of the Pickford group till March 06 when they were bought over by CROWN WORLDWIDE and the new name was put in place since then , I suggest you google the old name and it will relocate you to the new Crown website and give you further info on them.

pat127 said:
Apologies if this is in the wrong Forum...

Today's IT, Property/Q&A gives some info about the possibility of having secure storage available for personal documents. It's a real problem when Banks and Solicitors are refusing to keep them. It means keeping house Deeds at home for example.

Does anyone know anything about the company mentioned Crown Records Management? I can't find a website,

Pat

Back