Stopwatches at the ready.. kitchen work

chewyluey

Hi All

Getting some work done to replace the kitchen. Fit kitchen and tiling. The guy who will be doing it comes recommended by a friend and charges by the day. Would anyone care to estimate times taken to do the following jobs:

a) tile kitchen floor 3.5 metres x 3.5 metres approx. Regular size floor tiles. (may or may not require a float/skim on top to straighten floor.

b) tile kitchen wall (between wall and base units) .5 metre x 4.5 metres approx

The kitchen itself is a reasonably modest flat packed kitchen from Noyeks < €3000 but I won't ask anyone to put a timescale on this as It could be anything from 1-3 days i guess.

Cheers!

Sounds like it should only take a total of 2.5 days, an experienced tiler would have the floor done in no time. He might wait until it sets then before putting in the kitchen. The kitchen might take a day or 1.5 days and then the rest of the tiling would use the remaining time.

Incidently if you could advise what you received for your 3000 euro for a kitchen this size this would be very helpful.

Thanks DangerMouse!

There is no utility room in this house so all appliance have to fit in the kitchen. Got 2 quotes from C&C before going to Noyeks but found Noyeks to be most understanding and accomodating of this.

The Kitchen will be spread on 3 walls. Very rough description is:

Wall 1:
Base : WM, 600mm drawer unit, oven, 2 x 500mm unit, 600mm corner (accessable via neighbouring unit)
Overhead 500mm unit, 1000mm unit, hood&extractor, 1000mm unit, 500mm corner unit (glass)

Wall 2:
Base : DW, 500mm unit under sink, dryer
Overhead 500 mm unit

Wall 3:
Overhead Wall unit over fridge with 2 more shallower units to the right

Wallnut pvc, standard black counter, sink, taps and extractor included.

Will the fact that its "flatpack" increase the fitting time significantly from the pre-assembled Cash&Carry style ?

Thanks a lot for the info. Flatpack would be slower alright, I hadn't considered this. I am not sure how much though and also guys who work with this stuff all the time would be pretty proficient at assembling it.

Any other ideas of length of time taken?

How much longer should it take for flatpack kitchen over prebuilt ?

thanks