Stopping MBNA Credit Card cheques in Post

jumper1

Hi , I have been receiving MBNA Credit Card Cheques for quite(2 years) a while against my wishes. I have consistantily rung MBNA every month and requested them to stop sending me these cheques and they have said it would be done but the following month the cheques appear in the post again .

I was wondering if there was legally anyway to threaten them with a cost of say €20 for the "safe" distruction of each cheque as i feel threatening their deep pockets is the only way to get them to stop sending me these cheques . I fear that one day these cheques will be stolen .

Regards, Jumper

If they are not complying with your wishes, why not just cancel the card and take your business elsewhere?

I get these cheques too and it's very annoying. I shred them. Surely, in these days of credit card fraud MBNA should cop on and stop sending them unless requested? Why cancel a service that you are otherwise satisfied with?

I had that problem with MBNA as well. Turned out they have different mailing lists for different things. I asked not to receive junk mail but was only taken off the 'cheques' list. I asked again and nothing happened. I had to ring them about 5 times before I was eventually taken off all the lists. I see they've started sending email spam now as well - I got a mail to my yahoo account this morning about transferring my balance.

I get so much junk mail from MBNA I'm considering getting a furnace and hooking up to the national grid.

Got my new card from MBNA today. I was very surprised to see the PIN numbers in the post with them.

I used to get these even though I did not have an account with them.
I would just throw them out in the rubbish in the hope that someone would get them and manage to pull a fast one on them.
I felt that it would serve them right for sending me rubbish.

I would just throw them out in the rubbish in the hope that someone would get them and manage to pull a fast one on them.
But are the cheques not drawn on your CC account so it would be somebody pulling a fast on on you?!

But are the cheques not drawn on your CC account so it would be somebody pulling a fast on on you?!
But I did not have an account and never did. I still got the cheques in the post.
I would love to have seen the outcome if someone had cashed one of them.

OK - I thought that these cheques were only sent to existing cardholders, were drawn on their account and that the cardholder might be responsible for any unauthorised use of the cheques that might arise.

Back