stop copying of CD or files on CD

8till8

Hi,

I am giving someone a CD with several PDF files on it, is there an easy way to prevent them duplicating the cd or files.

Thanks !

No there isn't any way, once they have access the files they can copy them off the cd onto their own pc (unless you have some copy protection software) doens't matter what type of cd you give them

Hi,

I am giving someone a CD with several PDF files on it, is there an easy way to prevent them duplicating the cd or files.

Thanks !
If you want to allow the person to view the files, then no. But if they're just storing the CD for you, then you could password the .pdf files.

Yes put it onto a cd recordable (cd-r) they cant copy or change any files.
They can copy all the files they want, but they can't change any data on the disc.

No there isn't any way, once they have access the files they can copy them off the cd onto their own pc (unless you have some copy protection software) doens't matter what type of cd you give them

Correct

If you want to allow the person to view the files, then no. But if they're just storing the CD for you, then you could password the .pdf files.
Sorry snake, 30 seconds google will throw up freeware for unlocking pdfs.

Sorry snake, 30 seconds google will throw up freeware for unlocking pdfs.
Fair enough!... Then plan "B", You could RaR the pdfs & password them, that's unlikely to be unlocked. Or better still, know the person you're giving the files to......so no need to be unsure.

Any password protected software (rar/zip/doc/xls/pdf etc) can be unlocked using relevant unlocking software, and all software is available using relevant download methods which most of us know about so theres no way to really protect, all the OP can do is make it difficult.
However, not a flash developer but isnt there away to put text into a flash demo thereby rendering the text "un-copyable" . obviously you can copy the flash demo but not the text in it. Someone else may clarify, never looked into it myself.