Stoneybatter vs. Smithfield

W

WPrice

Hi,

Looking at buying in the next year in either of the above areas. From what I see I'm liking Stoneybatter alot. Any suggestions or comments on this area welcome.

Also is it a relatively safe area?

Thanks.

W

I live in Stoneybatter and have never had any problems there and really like it. It is an inner city suburb so has all the drawbacks of living in the inner city but it had a lot of stuff going on.

I go through Smithfield ever day but not sure if i'd like to live there as there is always people "hanging" around the square but in fairness I have never been in any of the apartments so cant really comment. I don't see much difference between either of the Areas as they are so close.

I would thought be careful of what street you pick to live on, in stoneybatter personally I'd stay closer to Arbour hill as then you are closer to where everything is at and different streets/roads can have a different vibe depending of where it leads to!

hope this helps

another consideration is that Smithield is relatively all new apt blocks less maintenance, but you'll have a yearly management fee could be anything from €1k upwards if considering buying an apt MAKE sure your solicitor checks the 'sinking fund' (anyone who's been down to the courts recently will have noticed the amount of man. co's taking owners to court for non payment of fee's.) Whereas Stoneybatter is mostly old housing stock but as mro has said depending on the road, a better buy plus the possibility of a reasonable back garden, and no yearly management fee's

Got to be Stoneybatter!

I've been livivg in Stoneybatter for 5 years now and just love it. It's close to the park, close to town, close to nice pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, gyms, yoga studios, cinema and 24 hr grocery stores. I walk everywhere, including work in IFSC. The old houses have lovely character and we have gotten to know alot of our neighbours and locals- there is a nice sense of community. I would agree with looking towards south end to be that bit closer to town. Best of luck!