Stoneybatter - safety

whereisracer

Hi there,
I am thinking of buying a property on Ashford St, off Oxmantown Road in Stoneybatter. It is about 5/10 mins away from O'Devaney Gardens. I have heard stories that cars can get broken into/damaged mostly at the weekends. I really love the area but obviously as a single female would be concerned about my safety (and my cars') if I was to move there.
Any info would be greatly appreciated....Ta

Used to live up there off Finn St see my reply here to someone else's query http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=78017
I didn't really walk around much on my own at night. I guess if you stayed near houses you'd be okay coming home at night. But like any inner city place not a good idea to walk around alone after 11pm. Benburb St used to be a big red light district (the Luas goes up there now I think) so not sure where they operate now. If you'd be living on your own you might get kids ringing the door late at night and running away, that sort of thing but probably okay for personal safety if you take security precautions.

@ whereisracer. I grew up around that area and actually rented a house in Arklow St (behind Ashford St) for a year. Never had a problem bar the odd kid knocking at the door and running away. There are some lovely people living in that area who have lived there all their lives. I still have friends who live in the area and they have never said anything about cars been damaged.. thats not to say it doenst happen though

Back