Stolen Moped Retrieved From A River - Worth fixing up?

BobbyFowler

My Retro Aprilla 125 was stolen & has been recovered from a river. They took loads of the parts off. I took 2 photos with my camera phone. Without you guys having seen it (I can email the photos) can I assume that I may as well leave it, or would it be worth fixing up? To be honest, it looks a mess.

My bike insurance is just 3rd Party. Didn't go for the fire & theft bit as the extra cost didn't justify the value of the bike.

If the bike wasn't worth TPF&T cover, it most likely isn't worth repairing.

If it's any consolation you probably wouldn't have recovered on the theft insurance anyway since the keys were left in it.

Yep, just went back & updated that other thread.
Found out it's 50 Euro to pick the bike up from the Garda Station & 80 Euro for an estimate so I reckon it's CURTAINS for me.
I reckon if I did have TPF&T, I would have decided against passing on the key issue to the insurance company.

The insurance company in these situations double check with the guards- so if you told the guards the keys were in the ignition, they will find out. If you lie...well that's insurance fraud.

If you lie...well that's insurance fraud.
Not to mention stealing but if your integrity is worth the price of a second hand moped then go for it. You may like to break into a few houses next or steal from a shop... it's the same thing.

Not to mention stealing but if your integrity is worth the price of a second hand moped then go for it. You may like to break into a few houses next or steal from a shop... it's the same thing.

It was definitely covetable....but it wasn't me, I swear! And I have an alibi.