Stockholm- things to do?

Go and see the Vassa(spelling) museum, its a good story. They have a big folk park near the vassa, also worth a day out. Have elk & reindeer for dinner. Tour the city, its beautiful.

The Vasa museum is amazing and the one thing you shouldn't miss. It's focussed around a ship that sank in Stockholm harbour, which they raised a few decades ago - almost totally preserved intact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_Museum

The Ice-Bar in the Nordic Sea Hotel is okay but not essential (€18 to get in, which includes one drink). The locals seem to go out around Sodermalm, which is a lot cheaper than the old town area, which is definitely worth walking around.

Yeah Vassa museum worth the trip. Also take ferries across the harbour, gives you great views. Spend some time wandering around Gamla Stan (the old City). You can visit the Palace and the Parliament, Museum is also in that area.
If you get a chance take a trip out to the archipelago for a day. Some of the islands are cool. There are tours you can do.
City is really clean, safe and good public transport.
If drinking I found vodka and coke was as cheap as here because they give you dash of coke and not charge you for bottle like they do here.

Great to have that feedback from all- very much appreciated.

Any recommendations where to stay? i see some Ship/ boat is a converted hotel in the Old Town.

Skansen is a nice place to visit, its a type of open air museum with some animal enclosures also. You can take a short ferry to it from the city. You can use your T-Bana (subway) ticket on ferry to get there and you get a great view of the harbour.
Nightlife - The Dubliner pub off BirgerJarls gatan is a great pub/venue at weekends with live music, mixture of traditional and rock. Its a great place to flirt (so my friends tell me) and the women bring over night bags to the pub. If you are not single then avoid women with extra large handbags.

Checked out places to stay as going there soon myself flying Ryanair

Staying in the below place best deal I could get

[broken link removed]

If anyone has stayed there let me know what its like or details on the bus from the airport to city centre

Vasa Museum is a MUST. One of the most incredible tourist attractions I've ever been to.

details on the bus from the airport to city centre

Which airport are you flying in to?
Arlanda is the most central and just over 20 mins by express train to the city centre
Västerås
is quite far from the city - 1 hour 15 mins (approx €14 one way)
Skavsta is even further from Stockholm - 1 hour 25 mins with coaches leaving after every arrival (approx €14 one way)

http://www.flygbussarna.se/en/default.asp

Which airport are you flying in to?
Arlanda is the most central and just over 20 mins by express train to the city centre
Västerås
is quite far from the city - 1 hour 15 mins (approx €14 one way)
Skavsta is even further from Stockholm - 1 hour 25 mins with coaches leaving after every arrival (approx €14 one way)

http://www.flygbussarna.se/en/default.asp

The Ryanair one but cannot remember which one and cannot get into their site

Mate is going there in a few weeks with ryanair so he should be able to give me the lowdown

If you're flying from Dublin, then it's Västerås. 1.15h from the city centre and buses leave after every flight arrival.

Back