Stockbroker Suitable for long-term investments

P

piccu

Hi there,

Just a quick question in relation to long-term investing, and the stockbrokers best suited to it.

I plan to start buying some of the big multinational companies that have significant exposure to the growth regions of the world economy. Many of these same companies pay a substantial dividend and I view them as a pretty sensible long-term play.

My question is, what stockbroker is best suited to this kind of investing? I have opened a TD Waterhouse (now TD DirectInvesting) account but I'm not sure this is ideal as there are inactivity charges and they only recently increased their FX charges, and they were substantial to begin with.

However, TD do give you access to a wide range of markets and their charge-per-trade is pretty competitive.

So just wondering what those long-termers out there are using.

Thanks and appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Paul

Redmayne Bentley Stockbrokers in Cork 021 427 9053,found them to be a decent enough outfit,bought a large tranche of shares as a one off,think the fee was a one off €50 plus stamp however I will not be selling these particular shares for a long time...best though to ring them and see if they are a good fit for you.

I like Campbell O'Connor as they don't make a fuss about getting you share certificates where they are available.

I am sure that some of the others are cheaper though.

Brendan

Thank you Brendan & Knutell for the suggestions.

I'll give both of those brokers a call and see if they fit the bill.

Regards,

Paul

Back