still no tax bill

mukki

my 08 accounts have been in with the accountant since april 09, and i have still not got a tax bill

i ring him once a week and he keeps saying he will ring me back in a few days

can i be fined for being late

If your 2008 Form 11 was not submitted by 31/10/09 or 16/11/09 (ROS filing and payment) then it is late. You can be fined a surcharge onto the tax for the year, interest on late payment and ultimately prosecution through the courts. ( see recent Revenue defaulters list at www.revenue.ie for examples)

If your accountant has your accounting records since April there is something wrong. I suggest that instead of ringing him, you call to his office as a matter of urgency.

rang him yesterday and he said he will ring me back in 3 days

christ above, i asked his sectary about interests and she said that yes i would be charged interest because it is late

will call in someday this week

rang him yesterday and he said he will ring me back in 3 days

christ above, i asked his sectary about interests and she said that yes i would be charged interest because it is late

will call in someday this week

I think, all things considered that if I were you, I would be waiting at his door tomorrow morning before he opens and insist on an immediate answer on the state of your 08 submission, why it is taking so long and who is going to be responsible for penalties/interest.