Still no disc from 123.ie!

• Thread starter sponmedickie
  • Start date
S

sponmedickie

Just a wee rant

Still waiting on my insurance disc from 123.ie. Seem to recall this being a problem with the company in some other posts online (even though -typically- I can't find them now).

What they say when you ring is 'the cert and disc comes from the insurers, they send it to us, we send it to you, we use a courier to send them from our offices, not the usual an post way (?) that all can take 5-10 days.

Deadline missed.it's been over the 10 days.

I rang last week saying I'd been stopped and had to present my cert to a garda station by Friday 6th and they told me the cert had left the insurers and I would have them in 2-4 days. Deadline missed. Rang them this morning and they've told me the disc and cert were posted out to me Friday. Usually (thanks to Athlone sorting office) I would have got it Monday. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow not sure what to do.

I know things get waylaid in the post but this has been dragging on since before they told me it had been posted.

Rang them 4 times since I switched over, lovely staff on the other end but think they're either clueless, have a line to take, or proficient in pawning me off. No call backs when requested either. I probably would switch if I was within my cooling off period because I'm not confident of dealing with them in event of a claim. Was speaking to a supervisor tomorrow who was quite assertive but I'm still not sure what to do if the disc doesn't arrive tomorrow.

Any suggestions or shared experiences welcome!

I take it you send them the details of your no claims bonus from your previous insurer?

I only ask because I didn't (didn't read the email they sent to me) and it took me about 6 weeks in total to receive my disc. In fairness about 4 weeks was my own fault.

Yep, they received that and as far as they're concerned its out of their hands and a waiting game!

Update!
Despite being adament yesterday that my docs were posted friday I got a phone call today admiting that Friday's post didn't go out til monday. Got letters yestrerday that were posted in Dublin Monday but still no docs.

Slightly more apologetic on the phone tomorrow but if I don't have them tomorrow I reckon threatening to stand in their lobby til I have them in my hand is the only way to go.

Can they not e mail or fax you a letter that will confirm that you have paid for your insurance and that you were covered when you were stopped ?

Said there would be no need to do it when I suggested it yesterday (they were adamant the docs were in the post friday remember) for some reason. Didn't have a chance to say it today but would such a letter suffice anyway?

Generally, yes. You are covered and you have proof of it - that's the main thing rather than the actual disc itself.

They did actually send me an email to have in the car in case I was stopped.