Stiga Garden Ride-on Mower

Askor

Folks, Has anyone experience with the Stiga Garden Ride-on mower? I was thinking of buying one but there isn't much information from owners on the Internet. It is sold as the alternative for those who want to change up from a push mower to a comfortable rider. Any information appreciated.

I've seen these Stiga mowers at the 4Home superstores,is that where you saw them.Personally I wouldn't go for them,I think they have a front-rider (mulch only) and tractor mowers (collect) and are a bit pricey for what you get. For me,the Honda or Caslegarden tractor mowers(they are essentially the same mower,just re-badged) are the best domestic mowers.They come in different HP's (12,5 up to 20hp) and cutting widths (40-48 inches) so you have mowers to suit all. You would probaby get a good deal this time of the year as dealers will want to sell off older models.
I have no affilitation with Honda,in my experience you are better off to buy the best mower you can afford,cheap mowers will only cause you hearthache in the long run

Yes, I saw the Stiga mower at 4Homes in Limerick, but, and it's a huge BUT: I can get a new one for less than 1,000 Euros. It is fairly small but I've only 1/2 acre to cut. It is 6 HP and has a 25 inch cut. Here are the specs: [broken link removed]

Yes, I saw the Stiga mower at 4Homes in Limerick, but, and it's a huge BUT: I can get a new one for less than 1,000 Euros. It is fairly small but I've only 1/2 acre to cut. It is 6 HP and has a 25 inch cut. Here are the specs: [broken link removed]

Fair play if you can get it for a grand - I have the Stiga brochure in front of me ( as I am looking to change my own tractor mower) and the cheapest ride on 6.5hp, 63 cm cut) is retailing at €1519.94. Of all the ranges i have looked at so far ( Jonsered, Stiga, Lawn Boss, Falcon, Castlegarden and Husqvarna) the Jonsered is the most impressive. I would go for the most powerful that you can afford for the job in hand, whatever range you choose - the more powerful the mower the better the cut.

I will keep that in mind.

the stiga range - in my opinion - is probably the best on the market - ride on or push. As a designer/ contractor we only use this range. European firstly but now also owned by husquvarna. Parts readily available quite quickly [unlike john deere for eg] try A&L machinery in donabate north dublin. Good time to buy second hand or ex commercial - try and stick to the mulching range if possible.

Hope this helps
oirish

Interesting you mention that it's difficult to get parts for John Deere, an American Brand - it's also hard to get Bolens parts, which is also an American Brand . I don't agree with you about the mulcher though, I have one and I am moving away from it. You definitely have to cut the grass more often with a mulcher to keep it looking right, and if you have kids the chippings are constantly being brought in to the house on their feet. FWIW the Jonsered 15 hp hydrostatic tractor comes with a mulching kit included in the price - that's the one I'm leaning towards but I don't expect to be using the mulcher attachment unless I start getting serious back problems.

Yes, I saw the Stiga mower at 4Homes in Limerick, but, and it's a huge BUT: I can get a new one for less than 1,000 Euros.
Money sounds very good,if you don't mind me asking is that a deal from 4Home in Limerick ?.
I looked at the spec. and would still say go for a bigger model,the time and hassle you will save in the long run will be worth it,trust me !

Nod: The deal is not from 4home. Their price is 1490 Euros. The next model up costs about 1200 Euros extra ..... don't want to pay that money for only half an acre.

Thanks for the input Oirish. The low end Stiga even comes with a mulching kit, so for less than a grand I'm getting a ride-on.