Sticking Flat Mirror on Tiles

Lauren

Does anyone know if theres a product you can use to stick mirrors onto tiles in a bathroom? The mirrors in question are flat (not framed).

Are the mirrors large/heavy? I got mirror tiles for an ensuite in a rented house I lived in a couple of years back and as far as I can remember they came with regular pritt pads (u can buy in stationery store) to attach. These were going onto wall though, not tiles.

They are not particularly heavy. They each measure about 2.5 ft by 1 ft

You can get little corner brackets specifically for mirrors that you can screw into the tiles. They are for flat mirrors with no frames. You can get them in Woodies/B&Q/Homebase or any DIY store.

[broken link removed]out - but they come in all kinds of metal to suit your bathroom look/feel requirements.

I don't know about sticking them on though. Adhesion to tiles will not be the best, and steam and water etc are likely to have an adverse effect on the "stickiness" of whatever you use.

Ok I don't particularly want to damage the tiles in any way (i.e. screw into them)...if theres a way of using something sticky to do it rather than that I'd prefer if possible

Lauren said:
Ok I don't particularly want to damage the tiles in any way (i.e. screw into them)

You don't want to damage them? Or you don't want to put holes in them?

You can do one without doing the other.

If I was putting holes in them...I would damage them....but yes, I don't want to put holes in them! What if I change my mind about the mirrors? I'm a woman after all!

Hi Lauren,

Having gone down the different routes of adhesive/sticky tape, plastic suckers and spring loaded shelves I eventually admitted defeat, scrapped all of the above and resorted to getting him indoors to drill the tiles and permanently fix shelves, mirror, bath screen etc. Its quite hard/awkward to drill tiles because they can crack or chip quite easily. There is some advice here on drilling tiles if its of any help.

Put silicone on the back of the mirror and stick it to the tiles, put a piece of wood or something under the mirror for a day to stop it slipping down until the silicone dries.

Back