Sterile hand wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

noel123ie

Hi all,

My mother is terminally ill and with onset of swine flu Im looking to see where we could get a good sterile handwash similiar to what they have in hospitals

We can then make sure we do not/guests do not transmit this to her.

Ive tried trulife healthcare and will givce her pharmacist a bell just wondering is there anywhere ye may be familiar with

Many Thanks
Noel

You can get this in any supermarket or pharmacy. I believe it's more important to have good hand hygiene than having a sterile hand rub but if you feel it's important you can get it.

I've a small handheld one in my handbag which is manufactured by Carex, but I also have some manufactured by Sanex. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same manufacturer. I purchased one in a large UK chain pharmacy in Dublin city centre.

HTH

ya thanks a mill knew about these but was not sure whether will kill the swine flu bug
Noel

Get one with a decent alcohol content >70% is recommeded. Loads on the market at the moment.

Get one with a decent alcohol content >70% is recommeded. Loads on the market at the moment.

Also ensure you get a decent hand cream - i found from using the one in work i was getting very bad dry patches as the the alcohol content was so high.

There's one called Cuticura... It comes in several varieties, Citrus, Original, etc... I use the variety that has a moisturiser added (Blue in colour)...

I get it in Boots, and is about two euro a bottle... I find it very good... I'm caring for my mum who's in kidney failure, so I fully understand your concerns...

Another option is to ask at the hospital your mum attends... I'm sure they'll be happy to let you have some of the stuff they use...

Darth...

You can get good ones from your local Pharmacist as well - I got one called 'Matron' for someone who was also ill.

Surprised your thread hasn't been locked/deleted yet, I got blasted for asking the same question here!

... Surprised your thread hasn't been locked/deleted yet, I got blasted for asking the same question here!
The questions, tone and tenor of the threads are very different, IMHO. If you don't understand that and can't see the differences, then I fear you may get "blasted" again.

The questions, tone and tenor of the threads are very different, IMHO. If you don't understand that and can't see the differences, then I fear you may get "blasted" again.

Yes but another person asked a very good question about stocking up with items in the home if there was an outbreak of swine flu and the thread was closed because it said it was about "medical issues". I mean come on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back