Stephen Hunt Calls Dunphy a Skinny Little Rat

ccbkd

Hear, Hear....his comments after the match on Saturday were totally biased and lacking objectivety... the match is a non-event this wednesday, but now well worth tuning into to see how Dunphy reacts!!!

Agree with Hunt this time. I was at the game, almost 40th in the world versus the world champions. A potentially world class midfield (Stephen Ireland & Stephen Reid) not available. Traps and the players were a credit to the country. Dunphy seems to have killed off what few brain cells he had left.

Hate to say it, but after many years of great analysis and entertainment it's the RTE panel that are now letting us down, not the players or manager

A potentially world class midfield (Stephen Ireland & Stephen Reid)

Honest to goodness - lets not get carried away here - are you suggesting that Stephen Reid is world class? World class suggests players like Zidane, Pele, Best etc. I don't personally think Reid is in that class - a good player nonetheless.

Back to the point, Dunphy is just doing his usual controversy - no more no less. As long as he's getting attention, thats all that matters. Ignore him.

The Irish manager will always be damned when he does and damned when he doesn't.

If, in a parallel universe, Trappatoni had Ireland and the Reids in the match day squad, Dunphy would pick another stick to beat him with.

Dunphy is a professional demagogue, and no less entertaining for it ;).

Honest to goodness - lets not get carried away here - are you suggesting that Stephen Reid is world class? World class suggests players like Zidane, Pele, Best etc. I don't personally think Reid is in that class - a good player nonetheless.

Relative to what we have now! By world class I just mean that they'd hold their own against the top midfielders at the moment

Dunphy is a joke.
I was at game on Saturday and the way the game ended was disappointing but a 2-2 draw with the world champions is hardly 'shameful'.
We are limited with the players we have yet we still have a chance of getting to the world cup through the play-offs, which we have comfortably qualified for. We finished 10 points off the play-off place in the last quailifying campaign for Euro 2008.

I think we're doing fantastically well all things considered. Yes, Trap is ignoring certain players for whatever reason BUT he is the boss and he has delivered the play offs like he said he would with limited resources and a bunch of players that are in my opinion, over achieving to a certain degree. Yes, he has ridden his luck more than once. Yes, the football is utterly appalling to watch most of the time. But, he's doing it and thats all that counts at this moment in time.
Fingers crossed now we can go the final hurdle and make it to SA next summer. Man, wouldnt that be just class!!!

Hats off th Hunt. Dunphy is a pain in the ass and its sickening to see the salary he gets for mouthing the tripe he came out with on Saturday night. But I suppose it is serving its purpose - people will listen to him irrespective of what he says. He always rants about someone - remember Jack Charlton, Roy Keane and now Andy Reid. One would think Andy Reid was world class. He is currently playing well but capable of turning the game around against Italy - hardly likely. I was also disappointed with John Giles for rowing behind the Andy Reid issue but think Giles is showing his age of late. Trap has done very well with limited players who have given their all and are proud to represent their country

Normally I enjoy Dunphy - though often I wouldnt agree with him. However gone OTT in this case. Dissappointing to lose the late goal but overall a good performance, particularly considering who we have.

As for Trap, doing a good job but an awful pity he's painted himself into a corner on the Reid issue, seems to have unnecessarily made it a point of principle, at this stage I cannot foresee any circumstances whereby he'll play.

Reid's best chance of playing is if the whole country forgets about the issue and Trap could pick him without feeling pressured to do so.

In Fairness to Dunphy, they kept giving the ball away even though it was their best performance along with the away game with Italy. The other games in the group were dreadful to watch. The previous Cyprus match was unbearable.

the more significant point is that Hunt shouldnt be making a fool of himself getting involved in name calling, giving any sort of high moral ground away.

God love 'im, for anyone who saw him on Tubridy tonight, its clear he didnt give up a career as a rocket scientist to play football, but shouldnt a wiser head in the Irish camp be having a word in his ear not to make himself cannon fodder for the papers. If he's always good for a quote they'll never leave him alone, and they will "luv it" if he falls from grace himself when all his previous comments will be thrown back in his face.

To paraphrase Dunphy, Stephen Hunt should have called him an unstable old "bollox". Maybe a little too much hoovering of the old Bolivian marching powder before sitting to watch the game?

Back