Stepaside - anyone use the Luas Station at The Gallops?

delgirl

Am looking at a property in Stepaside, but it needs to have a reasonable commute to Dublin City Centre - no car parking space available at work, so public transport is only option.

Dublin bus 44 seems to take at least 70 minutes to get to O'Connell St. from Stepaside village.

The Gallops Luas is a 20 minute walk or a 7 minute cycle along Ballyogan Road. Does anyone do this journey and is it safe at night - are there street lights along the route and a footpath?

Thanks!

I have walked from the Luas to Stepaside at night. There is no pavement and the streetlights are poor along some of the route.

I would consider it a very safe area from a crime point of view, but road safety in Winter would be an issue.

One other option is Park and ride Luas at Ballaly.

There is a footpath from The Gallops stop all the way to Stepaside Village. I have walked and ran on it many times. The lighting is only poor at the part of the road near Ballyogan.

The Glencairn stop is the one I use and I walk from Belarmine. Nice walk, foot path and lights the whole way.

Many thanks for the replies.

I had a look at the road from Stepaside Village to close to the Luas Station at the Gallops using Google street view and it seemed to have a footpath most / all of the way from what I could see.

Am going there this evening to view the property and will drive the route to see what's it's like.

Thanks again!