Steam mop

Pennyless

Does anyone own a steam mop? Are they useful and do you use it regularly? I don’t want to buy one and find that it’s left in a cupboard and rarely used.

Still have it, still use it

I wouldn't go back to a regular mop and bucket having had one!

Recently had to replace ours as the old one died, went with a very basic cheap-as-chips Russell Hobbs model (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Hobbs-RHSM1001-G-Steam-Clean/dp/B00VBE0OT6) and actually find it a bit better again than the original one we had. FWIW I have tried the models that are convertible to steam cleaners for areas around the shower/cooker and found it pretty useless, so I'd go for a simple and functional unit.

Hi,

Purchased one a few years back (lidl / aldi variation) and still going strong. Use it on a regular basis, esp for the floor tiles in kitchen and bathrooms. I've used it in the kid's bedrooms (laminate), just not so often. There is an attachment for use on the carpet, but rarely have used that.

The one I have has a very long lead for the plug, so can get around a lot without changing sockets.

Have stopped using mine over time because the I found setting it up, filling the water tank and topping it up was a pain.

ive owned a few and none of them impressed me , went back to the humble mop and bucket

maybe i didnt spend enough ?

Back