Stealing roadside daffodils.

BOXtheFOX

I was driving through Stillorgan today and just in front of Oatlands College there is a patch of woodland that has been planted with hundreds of daffodils by the council. Looks great. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a young couple, he in the car, and she coming back to the car with an armful of daffodils, must have been about 30 or so. Would you have reported them?

Well, probably two mothers waiting on their presents tomorrow ;)

As the Council offices are closed on Saturdays and the Gardai have a lot more to worry about than stolen daffodils I would imagine you would be wasting your time.

A call with the reg no to the Council offices on Monday might give you some satisfaction though especially in light of the fact that county councils are loathe to do anything these days because of shortage of funds.

"I wander'd lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,When all at once I saw a crowd,
Well a couple, stealing daffodils;"

You're a poet,
And you don't know it :D

Little did Wordsworth know what you would do to his work!

...beside the lake, beneath the trees, fluttering and dancing in the N11 traffic emissions...

I was driving through Stillorgan today and just in front of Oatlands College there is a patch of woodland that has been planted with hundreds of daffodils by the council. Looks great. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a young couple, he in the car, and she coming back to the car with an armful of daffodils, must have been about 30 or so. Would you have reported them?

If it happens again, take a photo with your mobile phone, and send it with the reg number to the local authority.

Back