Staying In Thailand

Grapes

We're finishing our honeymoon in Thailand. We only have 4 days altogether. Plan is to stay in Bangkok on last night, we were considering PHI PHI but are starting to change our minds as the accommodation there for November is expensive and the ferry schedules are awkward. WAs in Krabi like, would you recommend it?. your opionins & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are going to Krabi on honeymoon, staying there 5 nights in Central Krabi Bay Resort, I've done loads of research and it looks fantastic! It's only one hour flight from Bangkok so would be ideal for 4 nights. Wth Phi Phi you would have to fly to Phuket and then get the ferry so a lot of hassle for just 4 nights. Check out the hotel I mention above, I'm also going in November!

We stayed in the Central Krabi Bay Resort on our Honeymoon two months ago.Technically it is part of Ao Nang rather than Krabi Town. Very nice resort. Didn't really like Ao Nang - touch of the costa del whatever about it. You can only reach it by boat and transferring from the boat to the portable jetty is treacherous/dangerous at times. Expensive (beer etc.) as you are captive in the resort. Complimentary Boat shuttle leaves roughly every two hours.
We also stayed in a beach front villa in Khao Lak. I would highly recommend it. The resort was called the Baan Khao Lak. It is really beautiful.

S.B.

Was in the Krabi Thai Village on honeymoon - 7 years ago now. I found Ao Nang reasonable for food / drink, maybe a bit hectic. But I hear it has developed a lot over the past few years. You can get a boat out to Phi Phi from Ao Nang - it is doable in a day trip.

Hi, if you fly to krabi and then take a long tail boat to Reilly bay - 20 minutes journey.
It's only accessible by boat.
It's really beautiful. Accommodation can be hit and miss so choose a nice place.

It's in the lonely planet. I'd recommend it.

We are currently in SE Asia having already visited Thailand. We stayed in both Phi Phi and Krabi. Krabi is the most accessible, only a 1hr flight from Bangkok and internal flights are dirt cheap. We flew with 'fly12go' and they were good. While you are in Krabi try and get accomodation near Ralay beach, a bit more expensive but well worth it. From Krabi you can get a 1hr ferry across to Phi Phi which i think run a few times a day. Long beach in Phi Phi is paradise. Enjoy your trip !

I'm just back from Thailand, we travelled around a bit but we did spend a few days in Krabi and it was fine, there is ferry service to phi phi that goes about 3 time a day and takes about 40mins. Of all the places we went, Phi Phi was my favourite, I would definetly recommend it..very chilled.

Back