staying in paris

W

william

can anyone recommend a district in paris to stay that is livley, with restaurants, galleries and seine views. First timer with my wife and daughter and looking for a hip district. I have been to paris once for 24 hours! at the Champs de Lysee and no nothing about the place. We really want to relax and take in the vibe. Is St Germaine where it's at?

the boulivard st michele near the sourbonn was a lovely spot

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]If it’s your first time in Paris, the most interesting area where you could consider getting a hotel, is probably on the Left Bank between the Seine, i.e. between Pl. St. Michel and Blvd. St Germain des Prés, i.e. east or west (preferably) of Blvd St Michel. If you want somewhere more staid you could get a hotel between Blvd St Germain and say the Luxembourg Gardens / Pl. de l’Odeon / Panthéon. Blvd St Germain itself, is fairly expensive and bourgeois. The (current) hip area is the Marais, which is on the Right Bank opposite Ile St-Louis, but, IMHO, a better bet is the area around Pl de la Bastille - Blvd Henri IV. Remember, Paris has an excellent metro system, so you could stay almost anywhere, and just travel around.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

4th or 5th arrondissements. That way you'll be walking distance to most stuff and it's a great area. You should be able to get a hotel for about €70pps, no brekkie.

Hi William,

Just back from Paris today. had 5 nights at the hotel Abbatial : http://www.abbatial-paris-hotel.com/

For a couple for 5 mights, it cost 600 euro for a double bed with a shower. So 60per night each. We didn't eat breakfast there or use other facilities. I would have no hesitation in recommending it. It's in a great location. on Bde St.Germain as mentinoned already.

We took the RER B from the airport and it brought us to St.Michel. It's a short walk form there or about 6 euro in a taxi.
It's very easy to navigate your way round witha street map and the metro.

Oh, and I booked the hotel directly on their website, was the cheapest by far.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]
great hotel, excellent location,friendly, helpful, near all the sites and restaurant areas of the Left Bank. Check it out on tripadviser - gets rave reviews but it deserves it all!!

Back