Stay in Clifden or Renvyle House

scatriona

Hi

I'm doing 'tour guide' for a few Aussies around Connemara in July. We're planning to spend 1 night in Galway city and the 2nd night somewhere in Connemara... I'm undecided whether to splash out and stay in Renvyle and have dinner there, or book more 'modest' accom in Clifden. It's a Thursday night... we're not looking for a mad night but a bit of craic would be nice & nice food! Which location is best, does anyone think...?

cheers!

S

dinner in renvyle is great and they had a nice little bar there but you are isolated if you wanted to go for a pint out

I love that area. Clifden would be my choice if its nice food and a bit of craic. Renvyle is glorious but as said above, a bit isolated if its craic you want. Its ideal for a getaway or less lively stay though as we thoroughly enjoyed a weekend there. Food was amazing even though the weather was awful!

Much more happening in Clifden, trad music pubs etc and plenty of resturants to suit all budgets.

My vote would def be for Renvyle ... it's fantastic. Food is top notch and you may find that there is good craic to be had in the bar. Any time I have been there we have had sing songs into the early hours - usually weekends though. Find out if there is music and if there was ... I would go for it.

Renvyle would be my choice too, especially as you are staying one night in Galway and the country location would be a change. Fantastic food and whenever I stayed there, there was always someone with a musical instrument available to sing the night away. Give them a ring beforehand, tell them what you might like. 'Stress free zone....'

Might you consider staying in Roundstone? Lots of lovely B & Bs and a good hotel with about 6 bars. Much more picturesque than Clifden.

Thanks all, have booked the Abbeyglen hotel as I reckon that'll impress the culture starved (!) Aussies!! Not a bad deal, B&B & dinner for 119 or 89 if sharing!

S

Thanks all, have booked the Abbeyglen hotel as I reckon that'll impress the culture starved (!) Aussies!! Not a bad deal, B&B & dinner for 119 or 89 if sharing!

S

scatriona, do you mind me asking where you booked this? Seems not bad value.

Anyone know other good deals on 1BB1D in Connemara?