State of dress/undress at swimming pool

What day was it? What time was it? You really need to provide more information on this!

What day was it? What time was it? You really need to provide more information on this!

It was last Wednesday around 7pm. I am not going to name the pool as it is a small town and the pool is only used by the local people so this girl would be well aware what the different showers are for. I think she may feel should she can do this as she is friendly with the staff there.

I can go one worse than that. I was disgusted to go past two ladies shaving their underarm in the showers before going into the pool and they shared razors. I nearly vomited. Needless to say i've stayed away from that place since.

This sounds like exhibitionism to me. What age group was the person in? You should make a complaint to the Gardai as it would have been classed as indecent exposure.

i think this s going a bit far.

Maybe the girl didn't realise she was in full view of the pool. Maybe she is just comfortable with herself and it is not her fault that you (original poster) is not comfortable with her nakedness. Now in saying that there is a time and a place for everything and a public swimming pool is not the place in my opinion

I am pretty sure she would know that she was in full view of the pool as the pool is directly in front of the shower. It goes without saying that she must be very comfortable with her nakedness or she wouldnt be showering where she was. I have no problem with her nakedness or indeed with my own but I do think there is a time and place for everything. I am not the only person there that made a compalint.
Regarding the other post re: women shaving their underarms - I wouldnt have a problem with that as they were in the changing room area. You said in your post they shared razors - did you mean they shared one razor? Even if they did thats their business I suppose or did they ask you to share with them.

This sounds like exhibitionism to me. What age group was the person in? You should make a complaint to the Gardai as it would have been classed as indecent exposure.

She was about 20 to 25.

My scandinavian/eastern european friends do this, and they find it quite weird that down in my local gym while they and their friends stand around chatting naked, us Irish struggle to get dressed under layers of towels.

My scandinavian/eastern european friends do this, and they find it quite weird that down in my local gym while they and their friends stand around chatting naked, us Irish struggle to get dressed under layers of towels.

Do they do it in the public area of a swimming pool? I have a french friend and she also goes naked - but in the ladies changing rooms. I dont have any problem with this.

I don't have a problem with nakedness in changing rooms either but this is entirely different. If it was a man they'd be arrested.

Even in places like Germany where they have lots of naked people in changing rooms and nudist colonies etc I don't think the situation the OP describes would be acceptable.

So what happened then? Did one of the pool attendents have to have a word with her? Might be a bit harsh to call the cops.

In Tralee "Waterworld" has communal changing rooms for both sexes. In addition the local authority pool was retrofitted recently with communal changing rooms. This is altogether a more civilised way to do business as you can look after both boys and girls in the changing area. The only problem is that everyone likes the wheelchair showers and changing cubicles as the normal ones are quite small.

Precisely. I have witnessed mothers poking their heads around male changing room doors to see if their son is ready and having a good gawp at the naked men in the process.

I have witnessed mothers actually going into the male changing rooms.

A couple of years ago i was in Finland at a Party in a three storey building which was basically a nightclub but more informal. (hard to describe but it was used by students for parties and served cheap drink and didnt have a cover charge think it was linked to students union) anywho on the third floor there was a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. it was mad. the only item of clothing on the third floor was a watch. everyone was cool as anything about it. except me as i thought this was hilarious ....we are way too uptight here.best party ever.

Did you have any issues .... errr, tempering your enthuasiasm?, or what if the heating was on low !!

From you post Money Man you must be uptight about it to seeing that you were the only one with clothes on. I am sure there were no children present (or I hope there werent). My orginial post was about a public swimming pool where both adults and children use.

I don't think anyone should have to deal with members of the opposite sex intruding into changing rooms, and privacy being violated, and those mothers are wrong. However what other way do they have of knowing if their son is ok or ready to go etc.
In terms of screaming fits and police etc we live in the real world and unfortunately there are reasons why a man trying to get a look at naked women might be perceived as a more of a threat to personal safety than the other way round.
Totally off topic and will probably start off a round of comments but sure that's what this board is for

typical irish people...

However what other way do they have of knowing if their son is ok or ready to go etc.
Ask a male member of staff to go in to make sure?? When I worked in a swimming pool, I was asked that countless times.