State of dress/undress at swimming pool

Megan

Should swimming pools have rules regarding the use of showers in the swimming pool. I notice on a recent visit to a swimming pool in a small country town a girl having a shower in the shower cubicle in the general area of the pool and the sauna. She was in full view of swimmers using the pool. She was having a full shower i.e.: shampoo, shower gel and her exfoliating gloves. I thought this shower was meant to be used by those going between the pool and the sauna. I mention it to staff but it turned out she was a friend of one of the staff so they didnt want to hear about it.

Last edited:
Was she letting off steam at the time? Is this a regular occurrence? If so, please name the pool, so I can ... "avoid" it.

would the original poster be complaining if it were something like Ohh Ohh 7 [broken link removed]

would the original poster be complaining if it were something like Ohh Ohh 7 [broken link removed]
Yes I would. Why shower in that area when their are changing rooms with private showers available for both men and women.

if you've got a problem with it, mention it to the management. usually the staff in my local pool are minimum wage kids, if I've a problem with something its necessary to go to a more senior member of staff.

if you've got a problem with it, mention it to the management. usually the staff in my local pool are minimum wage kids, if I've a problem with something its necessary to go to a more senior member of staff.
As I said in my post - I did mention it to the staff, one of which was management. I think it is unacceptable especially when there are children swimming in the pool.

I think it apalling myself!... now please tell us where this awful deed occured so that we can check it out & report back

Can't really see the harm in what she did unless she had her kit off in which case surely indecency rules laws apply.

usually the staff in my local pool are minimum wage kids,

How do you know they are on minimum wage? As a former employee of a swimming pool, I can state that staff must be fully qualified in life saving to get employement there. Although I have not worked there since the minimum wage came into force, part time staff were paid more then, than the minimum wage is now.

not only that but you feel very invigorated as gloves that feel like sandpaper get the circulation going! why don't you get yourself a pair in the body shop?

I think it's down to etiquette and convention. The lady having the full wash was probably not aware that it was outside the norm. What's the big deal?

As a comparison, have a friend who recounted some years ago about the time he and his colleague received their first "capitalist" salary in Moscow. While downtown they decided to go for a full paid-for haircut as a treat. The hairdresser directed him to the sinks for the hairwash. My friend who was having a dry cut then heard alot of commotion. His colleague was on his knees on the chair washing his own hair!

Can't really see the harm in what she did unless she had her kit off in which case surely indecency rules laws apply.

She was in her Birthday Suit. The shower was in full view of anybody using the swimming pool or the sauna .That is why I complained.