State limits use of welfare recipients' debit cards

Towger

Full Link here: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ebt-cards-20101102,0,928832.story

Totally wrong - they are adults not children. I may not agree with the choices some adults make, but it is their choice.

Next thing I suppose they will have food stamps. Bit of a stigma though.
And if they ever introduced it in Ireland I wouldn't like to be in Tesco handing in my food stamps. Others wouldn't mind I suppose

I would imagine that there are ways around this - a shop that sells clothes having a tattoo parlour in the back and using the front machine to take the payment etc...

Or a bar that sells food being 'exempt' etc...

That's not to say that those on the dole now haven't paid a share of tax over the years too.

With a system where for the first few years welfare is linked to previous income (and so income tax payments) but drops to a basic level after a few years then welfare cards/ food stamps etc can be used at that stage.

With a system where for the first few years welfare is linked to previous income (and so income tax payments) but drops to a basic level after a few years then welfare cards/ food stamps etc can be used at that stage.

Precisely.

Could the industries being excluded not argue that their chances of earnings would be diminished by being black listed from such cards. I'm only teasing out the idea, I can't see it coming into practice regardless.