State Birth Certificate

dewdrop

For the purpose of being registered say as a Solicitor, Doctor, is it important that your name is registered exactly as per your Birth Cert. I have in mind a person when starting college only gave his first forename whereas his Birth Cert has two forenames.

Not a problem.

You are not bound to use your birth certificate name. You can use any name you like provided that you are actually known by that name and there is no intention to deceive. [Think of how many women use their husbands' surnames rather than their birth certificate names.]

Think of how many women use their husbands' surnames rather than their birth certificate names.

I've heard that a woman conferred with a doctorate can no longer use the Dr. title should she choose to take her husband's name after marriage. All a bit 1950's to me.

I've heard that a woman conferred with a doctorate can no longer use the Dr. title should she choose to take her husband's name after marriage. All a bit 1950's to me.

I think it's true that you can only use the Dr. title with the name you used when you graduated from the doctorate - I think it applies across the board to any name changes

Back