Starting without planning permission

peaches

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this query. We have bought a house needing a bit of work. We want to build an extension to the back which won't need planning permission because the size will fall within the guidelines. We are also considering getting some windows and a bit of other work done to the front of the house which we will need planning permission for.
Is it okay to go ahead with the work at the back of the house, whilst applying for permission to start the front? We really don't fancy holding off on work for at least three months whilst we wait for planning permission to come in.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this query. We have bought a house needing a bit of work. We want to build an extension to the back which won't need planning permission because the size will fall within the guidelines. We are also considering getting some windows and a bit of other work done to the front of the house which we will need planning permission for.
Is it okay to go ahead with the work at the back of the house, whilst applying for permission to start the front? We really don't fancy holding off on work for at least three months whilst we wait for planning permission to come in.

It might be an idea, just in case to notife the LA of your intension to commence on site. I guess an Architect has told you that your extention falls with the guide lines?

Jaid

Ask the planning office, don't risk them stopping you mid build, losing builder etc...... best to get the official line

We started our extension at the back before premission came through for our change of use of front of the house. Just make sure that application is made just for front of the house - so then you can give a date for commencement for front when final planning comes through. We applied 17th Apr got planning on 5th June and then we had to wait until mid July before it was finally approved and commencement notice came out (had to chase the council to send it out)

Back