Starting a Website Business

Elitreacy

Hi,
I am starting a website business offering trade services and was interested to know if its better to have free sign up or charge for sign up. What works best and why? Many Thanks in advance for your help!

What's your own instinct? Have you surveyed your potential subscribers for their views? I'd say a free sign up is going to attract more attention, but a lot of it will be from timewasters. It's your call. :)

Maybe striking balance somewhere. It would be good to know what strategy was most effective or appropriate for a start up. My instinct is that free sign up for an initial period to attract the much needed attention and thereafter a charge for what we have to offer. Thanks for your comments :)

There will be huge resistance to any kind of sign up fee unless you are offering a totally unique service with an undeniable appeal. It's as simple as that - usually (your business sector may have different rules, but I doubt it.)

Best of luck with it.

Thanks a million for your time and best wishes. I am looking hard at my USP. Great feedback!

Back