Starting a driving school - Good or bad idea?

Runner1

I have been in the UK for the past 5 years, the last 2 of which living with my girlfriend. She has been offered a good job in Ireland in the health service so considering moving back to Ireland. No oportunities in my area of work for employment so considering various business ideas and considered opening a driving school. I am in the fortunate position of having the capital to invest in a new car and to get it adapted as well as doing the course to become a driving instructor. Apart from the obvious rising fuel costs and high insurance for such a business, is there any other pitfalls to look out for? Am I mad to think of starting a business in the current economic climate? Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

offer driving lessons at a competitive rate for 1. these 10 lesson minimum is killing learner drivers esp at 40euro a lesson.

theres a unused industrial estate in my town that has mini roundabouts and hills etc that i always thought would make a perfect route for lessons. seems a pity its not being used.

My son has just started driving, I have a friend an instructor and always assumed he would provide the lessons which are now statutory, I was wrong, we are car insured with Aviva who offer 6 months free accompanied driving once you buy your required lessons for the leraner through them, this was a no brainer to me and my pal lost the business, think long and hard, the overheads are significant and a lot of business is word of mouth, add in the Aviva offering and it is very challenging for a start up..

A quick look around would lead me to believe that just like taxis there are a lot of them out there looking for business.