Starting a creche

sinbad75

Hi, I am looking into starting a creche business. I will require a mortgage of approximately 500,000 euro. Can anyone recommend a bank that will work with a small business?
Thank you

If you have not done this already it is also worth while contacting your local Childcare Committe with regard to capital grant funding.

€500K? Presumably this means buying a property? Do you really need to do that? Could you not rent/lease at least until the business is up and running if not indefinitely?

The particular building we are looking at is a new build in a housing estate, its just a shell, so leasing would not be an option. Besides, there is a capital grant available for 100,000 and I would presume that it would only apply if the building were purchased?

The particular building we are looking at is a new build in a housing estate, its just a shell, so leasing would not be an option. Besides, there is a capital grant available for 100,000 and I would presume that it would only apply if the building were purchased?
The building has to be fitted out to approved standards. This could easily cost €100'000 for an existing unit. Two questions: Is there enough parking for parents to drop off their children? Do other owners know about your plans?

The building has to be fitted out to approved standards. This could easily cost €100'000 for an existing unit. Two questions: Is there enough parking for parents to drop off their children? Do other owners know about your plans?

RE Permission. I would think that planning demands change of use for the property, would apply, ??

Went to see the building, and yes, it has planning permission. However, there are approx. 7 parking spaces, and it is squeezed into a corner of the estate, meaning that there is neither sufficient staff parking, nor parent drop off space. We have decided to keep looking for premises.

Back