starting a business on social welfare

dockingtrade

Hello, not sure which forum this should be under business/taxtio or welfare etc feel free to move.
Anywho, if you were on Jobseekers allowance or benefit and you sold something for a profit on ebay and wanted to be compliant about it and how would this affect Social Welfare.
Would you be classed as a sole trader because of your actions and loose the lot or would it be just deducted form your payment?
If you were only to make €100 p/m starting of on ebay and wanted to be up front about it, its not worth losing JSA for it, but how would you do it?
I mean if you were testing something out, if it took of fair enough.
Similarily if you had a website and sold advertising or had adsense and were making just €100 pm how would this affect JSA. Again would you be classed as a soletrader.

To summarize: can you test the market without having to be in business. So If I know I could make €100 pm but not sure if that would grow, what would be the best thing to do?

Certain principle have been established over a large number of court decisions to determine what is trading. These are referred to the badge of trade. If you have a trade it is a matter of fact.

interesting question - yet no- one really came to your aid. I have just asked a similar one over on the SW payments, redundancy branch. Maybe ask your question there?? might get a better response? I hope I do!!

im sure theres alot in the same situation and there should be incentives. losing SW making an effort to create something makes no sense

Back