Starter web package and logo design for new business

M

MarySmyth

any advice re. above- a lot of companies on web- but not sure if they can be trusted...

If they have been in business for a few years, they probably can be trusted. Which ones are you looking at? Costs are usually quite low for standard starter web packages but do you really understand what you need? You can pm me if you prefer.

agreed - what do you need ? you may be better splitting the two - eg I got a logo done recently from one of the Indian based design sites for 30 dollars and am delighted with the results.

As for website - is it a static information/advertising site, an online shop, do you need seo .... loads of questions - put up some more information and we may be able to help. If you want a personal recommendation I have a colleague who has been doing sites for a number of years now and has a good portfolio for you to look at if you want - just post a request over in the services wanted forum.

any advice re. above- a lot of companies on web- but not sure if they can be trusted...

well its quite easy to register a domain, and get a basic site up, email is quite easy too , you can get yourself an enterprise class email system for €5 per month, with microsoft office 365, look it up its excellent.

i use a big company for web stuff called network solutions, which give a free website builder tool that you can design your own site easily using it.

ps network solutions bill me in USD, which is good.

what line of business are you in?

Before you make any decisions with regard to hosting providers etc work out what you want from your website and then go to someone with experience in this field.

eg - if your target market is primarily Irish based you would be best considering a .ie domain and physically hosting the website in Ireland - this will have a positive impact on Google ratings

Another thing is - do you really need a web site? I've read recently that more & more companies are moving out of specific web sites & just using social network sites like Facebook / twitter etc to get themselves "out there"...

All depends on what you want to do with the web site...

Another thing is - do you really need a web site? I've read recently that more & more companies are moving out of specific web sites & just using social network sites like Facebook / twitter etc to get themselves "out there"...

No harm in expressing ideas but I'd count this one as extremely risky. Not everyone is on facebook or twitter...

Back