Before Start sold mortgage to Mars, they charged interest twice!

CorkHome2022

Re Start to Mars Transfer
We got our letter confirming the transfer had completed on May 31st , that letter arrived last week.
Yesterday got our closing balance from Start , everything looks normal for since the start of the year
Opening balance from 1/1/24 and normal monthly transactions , our payment then on last day of month the interest calculation is added to the balance.
However an interest addition was made for June 1st after the transfer had taken place to ADD nearly 500 euro to the balance , the normal interest balance had been done on May 31.

1718442688601.png

This looks very dodgy to me as
1 The transfer had taken place on May 31 and the normal calculation is done at the end of month.
2 As the transfer had already taken place it was not within Starts remit to charge interest after 31 May and add this to the closing balance.

Anybody else out there check their closing statements .
There was much noise when the Vultures began hiking their rates but it seems apathy has set in.
We have a complaint with FSPO as Start moved us off our very specific Loan To Value Managed Variable Rate and this is in the final stages of investigation .
It would be good to hear that others have also complained.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CorkHome2022

That makes no sense at all to me.

Did you get an opening statement from Mars yet?

If that is €83,634.36, it's ok but I suspect it will be the higher figure.

Make sure to ask why and to send a copy to the Central Bank.

@CorkHome2022

That makes no sense at all to me.

Did you get an opening statement from Mars yet?

If that is €83,634.36, it's ok but I suspect it will be the higher figure.

Make sure to ask why and to send a copy to the Central Bank.
Nothing from Mars yet , but from other posts they dont seem to have a great communications ethic.
I will be following up on this for sure.

Brendan is right , online ranting wont change a thing , COMPLAIN , COMPLAIN and COMPLAIN

Look at your Terms and Conditions , if your a former PTSB Mortgage Holder did you switch to the LOAN TO VALUE MANAGED VAIRABLE RATE when offered around 2015/16 , there are terms in that switch which are as watertight as the ECB Tracker Rate link , COMPLAIN if your link to that Rate Band has been broken .

If your after being switched from Start to Mars , check your final statement to see if you got hit with a double interest charge when the account was closed .

LOOK at everything since your mortgage was sold .
Dont give up .... I fear apathy has become a big factor ..... If you let apathy get the better of you then THE VULTURES WIN

Hi,

Is this a case for the ombudsman?
Start officially handed my account to Mars on 31st of May, but applied interest on 1st of June and also 28th of May.

I emailed Start for an explanation last week but I am not expecting a reply.

Hi,

Is this a case for the ombudsman?
Start officially handed my account to Mars on 31st of May, but applied interest on 1st of June and also 28th of May.

I emailed Start for an explanation last week but I am not expecting a reply.
I fully expect this to be going FSPO , we cannot be the only ones .

Our final statement is the same, I have been holding out for the opening statement from Mars to see what the balance says.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpeg
    IMG_3193.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
That is very odd, I wonder if it is a computer system glitch, but you won’t know until Start reply. Mars will only go in what is passed over to them.

Back