Star Wars, what's your opinion?

pricilla

If you were showing a child the Star Wars movies for the first time, do you think it's better to watch them:

4,5,6, then 1,2,3 (the order they were made) or 1,2,3 then 4,5,6

I saw them 1,2,3,4,5,6 order and there was no surprises if you know what I mean. I knew who was who's father. Anyway, I just wanted to know opinions on it.

Also, what age would you show these movies to a little boy for the first time. I was thinking 7? What age were you do you remember? (I was 27 haha)

4, 5, 6 and then 1, 2, 3.

I think I was about 9 or 10 when I saw ANH on TV. I saw ESB in the cinema on a re-release in 1983 (same year as another seminal film War Games) and ROTJ also in 1983 which I saw about 5 times. In 1982 it was ET. 1982-83 really were classic years even if the Irish economy was going down the tubes at the time which I was unaware of. The last decent snowfall happened in 82 and the summers seemed longer and hotter

If I were showing a child, it would have to be 4,5,6 and then 1,2,3. only because after watching 1,2,3 with all it's modern special effects, 4,5,6 may come across a bit aged, which it is.

John Culshaw is very funny. Got distracted by the copy machine video on the right though

4, 5, 6...and maybe 3?

Anyone seen the new animated film yet? How does it compare?

My children watch these movies whenever they vist their cousins - in fact their cousins seem to have them permananetly on the tv (can't think when I've last been to their house and they haven't been on). The cousins are aged 6 and 3 and love star wars. I don't think it matters what way you show them - maybe the RTE way 5 3 1 2 6 4!