Stanley Stove

npgallag

Anyone got a waterford stanley stove....I had the Eirn model with boiler installed in my new house but seems to take a hugh fire to get the rads and water even luke warm...There is a thermostat on water pipe which is set to 40 deg and turns the pump on when hot enough...Only have started using it in the last two week but not getting any better...Any ideas..??

Our Stanley is a oil gired one so i'm not much help but might i ask if it has been inspected by stanley? they inspect and ensure it is installed porperly and this ensures your guarantee

We had a Waterford Erin for about 9 years and it was great. We mostly used turf and in the very cold weather we used some coal. About an hour and a half after lighting it, it would heat 6 to 7 rads. We filled the fire completely and found this was the best way to use it. We normally did not fill it after 10.30 approx. We had hot water also. We changed to an oil stove last year and sold the Erin. We got tired of the ashes and the turf but I really miss it as it was much better and cheaper than the oil.

Didnt know about that inspection..will get onto waterford stanley about that..I suppose I didnt fill it to much as it was very hot in the room when i was half full...!!

Back