standing order error

X

xxlauraxx

on sat evening i logged onto my ulster bank account(via online banking) and found that a standing order from some account for 1000e was lodged into my account earlier that day i contacted the internet helpline and told them about it and i was told that i had to contact my own branch on monday morning so i rang them on monday explained that the money wasnt mine and id no idea who the company was.they said they look into it and recifty and see coulld they find where it came from and theyd ring me backby close of business monday evening that was monday morning ive heard nothing back. what do i do now

its a large amount of money and i honestly dunno what i should do and i cant spend it cus it aint mine to spend?? how can the banks mess summit like that up?? sum1 could really need this money and they dont seem to be in a hurry to trace the money back to the owner

It might not be the banks fault that the money ended up in your ac. Someone could have used the incorrect ac number. However the bank should have taken the money from your ac by now. I would send a letter/email or drop into the branch. You are right not to spend the money as they will come looking for it.

Back