standing order amount missing

dockingtrade

Hi,
I wondering what can i do about this as its going on 2 months and is now at a dead end.

I pay 1400 standing order from my current account to my mort provider each month. (split between a savings account and the mortgage payment)

The May payment left my account but was never lodged to my savings account with mortgage provider. Yet the mortgage provider debited my savings account for the mortgage amount
Ive been ringing for the last 2 months both banks. It seems to be the motgage providers fault. They just say they are still looking into it.

Im missing 1400 at what point is not acceptable with the time its taking or what can i do to get it resolved.

Thanks.

Make a formal written complaint for a start, then follow it up with a phonecall.

After two months it is already not acceptable. The solution is to raise hell with both companies. Starting at their branches, their complaints departments, management, regulators/ombudsman, and Garda. Document everything, get names of managers and email addresses. Phone and follow up all calls with emails, CC'ed to *everyone* (get emails address of MDs of both companies). Don't wait more than a day between calls or be fobbed of with excuses. Call them every day, even if they say it will take a week to do a trace etc. When they stop taking your calls/or your getting nowhere get their managers number/email address and continue up the chain. I would tend to bypass their complaints departments and go for the higher management. At the higher levels you may/will just end up dealing with their PAs, but they tend to have much more power to get things done than your humble branch manager. You will get a faster response.

Towger.