Standardlife PRSA

Pvkfinque

Hi,

My company is giving me a non standard PRSA fund via Standardlife and an option to invest in funds like Vanguard Global stock index fund.
It has .90 AMC and 100 Allocation. Is this a good deal.? do we have anything cheaper than this in the market?
I looked in Davy self select but that 0.75 and then fund amc which can be around 0.2 and then 0.06 on deposit charges if I read their fee right.

Any suggestions?

Aviva have a few PRSA charging options that are slightly less than this but personally I'm not a fan of their fund choice - only three index-tracking funds and they're not tracking the big indices like Vanguard do. I'm not aware of any others with lower charges.

On those term it looks like an execution only product/service.

Is the employer contributing?

If yes, then it's a better deal than the Davy product.

If not, then you could do a RAC @ 0.76% (assuming min €500pm) and claim relief via My Account. AMC 0.75% + 0.01% for (Blackrock) Global Index Tracker.

Gerard

www.prsa.ie

@GSheehy Thanks for the response, Could you please also help understand what is an execution-only product/service? I didn't get that part

Execution Only is where you choose the provider, the product and the fund/s to be invested in.

In your case, the employer has done the first two for you. You haven't received any advice on these and you are choosing the fund/s so you haven't received any advice on that/those either.

If it's directly with Standard Life then they will service the contract for it's duration and the staff that they have assigned to this part of their business will answer any technical or administrative questions you have.

Gerard

www.prsa.ie

On those term it looks like an execution only product/service.
That is the base cost of a PRSA investing in a Vanguard Global Index with no commission or trailer.

Aviva have a few PRSA charging options that are slightly less than this but personally I'm not a fan of their fund choice - only three index-tracking funds and they're not tracking the big indices like Vanguard do. I'm not aware of any others with lower charges.
Yes, Aviva have very cheap options but this is one case where I have looked at what you are getting. They are a mess at the moment. Their service is appalling and their fund choices aren't even being put up on their fund centre. They are supposed to have a passive equity (non ESG) but it is still not shown on their fund centre. If they aren't able to do that, I am not recommending them to clients.

Back to the OP, 100% of your money is being invested, you have access to Vanguard and a reasonable management charge.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back