Standard Building Contract

Irldigi

Guys,

Can anyone share a good standard contract that I cna use with my building contractor ?

Thanks,

D

Hi,

From looking at what Vanilla (solicitor) says here a written building agreement seems the better option?

This previous thread might be worth a read also Quote -v- eventual builder's costs.

Don't have time to search myself at the moment (children screaming for food) but a root around www.iaosb.com and [broken link removed].

If you run the search option for the full board you may find some other relevant threads.

Best of luck with the job.

The RIAI standard form of building contract is useful but is designed for use where an architect is involved. If you contact the Institute of Engineers of Ireland they have different forms of contract as well. Would be worthwhile contacting a solicitor

The IEI contract would not be suitable for building works - it is aimed mainly at civil engineering works (roads, bridges, etc). The RIAI publish a domestic form of contract known as SF 88 (Short Form 1988 - I'm not sure if this has been updated recently - the RIAI website should clarify this) - it would be useful having a professional like a surveyor or an architect to administer this contract. It sets down the main elements of a building contract - the parties duties / rights, insurance, variations, etc.