Stale smoke smell in bedroom

B

budcarlow

How does one get rid of stale cigarette smoke smell from a bedroom. Have tried airfreshners, fabreeze, tobaco odour killer air freshners etc but still persists. Any advice appreciated.?

How does one get rid of stale cigarette smoke smell from a bedroom. Have tried airfreshners, fabreeze, tobaco odour killer air freshners etc but still persists. Any advice appreciated.?
I
I use really strong scented candles..leave them burning for ages should do the trick..

Is there a carpet? If so, that will probably be the biggest culprit. To get rid of the smell completely, you will have to wash absolutely everything, or replace, and/or redecorate. That includes curtains, duvets/bed linen, pillows, the lot. Filthy habit!! Good luck!

A saucer of vinegar left in the room for a few hours (usually overnight) when you are not smoking will do the trick. Yes I do mean the stuff you put on your chips just make sure its white and not the brown malt one. You may have to do it for a few days to get rid of the old stuff and then a dribble every few days will stop it getting bad again.

Works for me anyway

If this is a problem that has built up over a number of years the best thing to do is do a deep clean. If you wash down walls with a mild mixture of bleach and washing up liquid and wash down built in wardrobes this will help considerably. Clean windows and all paintwork. Keep windows open for a few days, and wash curtains. Check clothes in wardrobes that they are not redolent of smoke and do the same for all bed linen including duvets. This will work but if you are a smoker, try smoking with window open and burn an ordinary candle at the same time.You will also have to either remove or deep clean carpets and rugs ; a big job but this does work.

Back