Stairs upgrade - cost?

MAJJ

Hi Folks,

Were looking to 'pimp our stairs' - sorry couldn't resist

We have a straight flight, 13 step stairs with a landing - very straightforward. It is open on the lower half i.e. you can see through/no risers - I think that's what they are called.

We are looking to upgrade/modernise this by filling in the risers, fitting new rails,spindles and newells. We will then paint, carpet and varnish.

Any idea on a rough cost I'd expect it to come in at approx 400 and take less than a day to complete.

I going to get a few quotes but any guidance on cost/resource would be great.

I will update as I go.

Thanks,
MAJJ

Had my stairs pimped from old ugly painted glossed white to nice varnished red deal (pine) included stripping all old timberwork and replacing with new at a cost of E900 and took a few days if I remember correctly but the carpenter I hired is a perfectionist and does take the time to ensure the job turns out right even cleaned up after himself would be very happy to recommend him to anybody in the Limerick area if they would like his details they can pm me.
I did get a few quotes for the stairs in the beginning all were about E900 some more expensive but in the end went with the tradesman that had done work for the family before and very happy I did.

Good Luck

Hey Dobber22,

Thanks for the update. I should have mentioned that I'm in Dublin. But no doubt your info will be helpful to others.

Cheers,
MAJJ