Stag Weekend

Rambo

Hi All,

I will be going on a stag weekend this year (around August), the original plan was somewhere in Spain for a weekend but most hotels dont have accomodation for around mid August or they say its minimum 7 nights stay.

So im thinking of maybe a city break instead. Maybe somewhere in Germany or Belgium, can anyone recommend any places they went to on a stags? It will be around 15 lads, and it would mainly be drinking, not too much sightseeing!

Thanks,

Rambo.

i am currently arranging a stag and going Berlin in June

have heard good things about it, isnt too expensive £100 ish flights €40 ish per night for semi decent hotels

have done a stag to in vegas last year which was a laugh, tiring and cost about £1k per person for a week

berlin is great for a stag

Berlin is brilliant. 24 hour bars and very friendly locals. I organised a stag there last year and we stayed in the Park Inn Alexanderplatz for €35 pps. Loads to do apart from the obvious...

I organised a segway tour around the city for the saturday from 10am-2pm for those that wanted to get some sightseeing done http://www.viator.com/tours/Berlin/Berlin-Segway-Tour/d488-3933BERSEGWAY?pref=02&aid=g3751

I have been on 2 stags in Prague (incl my own). Great spot but a little oversubscribed now.

I have gone to Belgium a few times but have never considered any of the cities a good stag location. Perhaps I'm not being fair to them?

It's a bit closer to home but Edinburgh is supposed to be good for a stag.

August is festival month in Edinburgh, so it might be difficult to get accommodation, flights etc unless booked well in advance, and it could be pricy as a result.

The city would be buzzing though!

Thanks for the replies,

I think I am going to go for Berlin, it sounds quite good, flights are not too expensive, I just need to find a cheap enough hotel which is close to all the bars, shops etc.

Any more info much appreciated.

we stayed in a hostel in the mitte district. about 20 euro per person and it was like a mini hotel. a great spot. went to brandenberg gate to see germany play last 16 of world cup match on the big screen is 25 degree heat, happy days

Went to Munich on a stag a few years ago and it was deadly. Went to Barcelona last year for my stag and had a ball.

Back