Stag trip to Berlin

remey

Hi,

My brother is organising a stag in Berlin next weekend for 14 guys and asked me to check out some info online!
They are staying at Nuernbergerstrasse near Kurfuerstendamm boulevard which I think is central enough.
Any tips on good bars for pub grub and of course partying? I've heard stories that some nightclubs are hard to get into without local people or females?
Do pubs open late enough?
Is it expensive?

Any other tips are very welcome.

Thanks

All I can tell you is Berlin is amazing and very cheap as it has very high unemployment for one thing. Its a very nice city and people are friendly, dont know the area you're stying in but on Oranienburger Strasse there are loads of bars and 'service' to buy haha though certainly not recommending those be bought if even only for your group's collecive health haha

Enjoy!

If your brothers' group like Techno, then Tresor or Berghain are a must. Both go on until 8am in the morning. However, large groups of lads (especially on a stag) will not have a chance of getting into Berghain. Better to split up into smaller groups. Nightlife is great and the beer is even better! Our group all agreed that Franziskaner weissbier was as nice as any beer we had ever tasted! Costs €3 a beer for a large one.
Berlin is great. They will enjoy it wherever they go.

if they go to berlin they should not drink franziskaner!!!!! berlin has so many of their own beers - so tell them to get berliner kindl, berliner weise, berliner pilsner etc. - so much better

nuernbergerstrasse is very central - depending at what angle you look at when you're in berlin. pretty much anything can be central but where they're staying, there are plenty of bars (Kneipen) and clubs near by. i never had any problems getting into any clubs with a bigger crowd but i am a girl, so maybe berliners are bias (joke). most clubs are open until at least 5 or 6am, some even longer - so no worries there. if all goes pear shape, there is a big irish pub in the Europa Centre right on Kudamm (Kurfürstendamm) and they'll definetely let the lads in

pm me if you're looking for more info - i lived 20 years of my life there.

Last edited:
Queenlex....I'm hearing you! My husband is part of that group so I'll be issuing warnings. Maybe I should source some gay bars to send them to!!

Thanks gebbel and Alaskaonline, I might talk to my brother and pm you then, thanks for that