Stag Locations

thespecialon

Looking for ideas for a stag in October of this year. Group of around 15lads.Live in the southwest so anywhere in ireland outside of there or even further afield.Budget is a consideration so nothing too expensive.Like to have something unique if possible- any ideas very welcome

Barcelona is good...Liverpool in the UK?However, I'd recommend Munich for Oktoberfest given the time of year you're considering. I've been the last two years and it's ridiculously good fun. Aer Lingus fly direct from Dublin (and Cork which would suit you)If budget is a consideration for some people having one overseas and one in Ireland isn't a bad idea. That's what I'm doing.

I'd definitely second the Oktoberfest idea. I was there last year on a stag. One of the greatest weekends of my life! A trully fantastic weekend. There was around 30 of us on the trip and everyone had a ball.

We stayed in the meininger hostel which is a mere stumble away from the festival grounds. Very high quality for a hostel and you get continental breakfast included too. There's a bar also. You can get rooms with 3 beds in them for around €50 per person, per night. All I can say is, book it now, you won't regret it.

Pretty hard to beat Kilkenny or Galway I reckon. I had my stag in Kilkenny last July. 34 of us stayed in Langtons pub hotel. No hassle and the best of craic.

Amsterdam is a great spot for a stag, I think AL are flying from Cork too.

Amsterdam is a great spot for a stag, I think AL are flying from Cork too.

As a destination it tends to cause a bit more controversy with the bride to be though! I'm having two...one in Las Vegas for those who are keen and then one in Ireland, probably Galway.

Went to one in Letterkenny a few months ago, good spot but then again it could have been the company I was with

My stag was in the 'dam, mrs still doesn't know how she let me away with that. Oktoberfest is great craic.

Thanks for the replys,

Looked into the Oktoberfest thing. It runs until the first weekend in October only,unfortuntely this weekend is out for certain reasons.Pity as it would have been perfect!!! Any more ideas like this, where we get to a city at a time some festival or other big event is running??

The Brussels beer festival is a good laugh, nothing like the scale of the Munich one as I'm sure you can imagine.

[broken link removed]

Decent hotels in Brussels are cheap at the weekend as business people are gone home.

I found the city good craic, plenty of bars open 24 hours, a red light district in the center, not expensive.

The city in general or the red light district?!

Go to Krackow- we went there on a rugby tour - 25 lads- great city, great fun, dirt cheap, lots of bars, plenty to look at and lots of direct flights.

Krakow is excellent, been twice, would recommend it in a heartbeat. Be careful though, I've heard they are cracking down on stags big time since the past year or so. I havent experienced any problems. Just don't do anything too mad if ya decide to go there They don't want the city becomin like prague. Was in Riga for a stag, wouldn't recommend it to be honest.

The husband ended up in Leitrim Village on a stag last year & from all accounts it was one of the better ones! Very cheap & they had a howl with the rented cruisers on the Shannon