Stadio Flaminio - Rome

Newby

Looking to head over for the Ireland Vs Italy match on Paddy's weekend and was wondering if anyone knew how to get from the airport to the stadium. How far away is the stadium (time and distance) from the airport?

I have googled it and got some hazy direction (broken english) but I'm just wondering if anyone has actually been and how easy / tough is it to get to the stadium?

Comments greatly appreciated...

which airport?
From memory (very, very hazy), you can take the metro from (well from anywhere really) to pretty close to the ground and walk the rest of the way.
http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgu...me+metro&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

Flaminio is the metro stop and it's possible to get there from Fiumicino (if you fly there), by taking green line to termini and then jumping on to the red line in direction of Battistini - if it's campiano you're flying to then take the shuttle bus to termini (train station) and take the red line as above.

Sure why would i tell you which airport.. that might be useful. Flying into DaVinci (Fiumicino). Thanks for the info, that's pretty much the info i needed!

From memory (very, very hazy)
Heh heh... hopefully it'll be a Hayes'ey memory for me too!!! C'Mon Ireland!!!

When you land you buy a train ticket in the airport for the De Vinci express (it's not fast) for E11. This will take you to the Termini. I was advised to buy two single tickets in the airport so as not to have to bother buying another one when I was going back (good advice). You have to validate one of the tickets in a yellow machine before boarding the train which pulls into platform 24 of the Termini. This platform on the extreme side of the Termini. Likewise, this is the same train you will catch back again on platform 24.

In the underground station you can but a ticket from the machine for E4.00 that allows you unlimited travel on the underground, bus and tram for the day. Beware gangs of pickpockets on the underground which will be very overcrowded. Keep your wallet out of your trouser pockets

Murt