st.theresa's road crumlin/kimmage

S

steph

Hi. We've seen a nice house on st.theresas road in crumlin/kimmage (I think it is Crumlin but of course the estate agent says Kimmage!).
It is facing the Stannaway park. Is there anyone that could give us some info on this area? Thank you very much.

Hi, I have lived very close to Stannaway Park for a couple of years without any problems. It is used for Saturday/Sunday league games and football training on some evenings in the week which can be noisy and generates a bit of traffic but nothing too bad. The park is locked at night.

St Theresa's Road is technically Crumlin, our house was also advertised as Kimmage but a look in Thom's Directory said otherwise! It is very handy for the Ashleaf Centre and there are a number of bus routes along Kimmage Road West and through Crumlin Village.

However...you should be aware that approval was recently given by An Bord Pleanala for the construction of 49 apartments on the site of Salesian House, which is on St Theresa's Road. Have a look on Dublin City Council's website and do a planning search. Application 1577/06 refers. No substantial changes to this application were made in the approval given by An Bord Pleanala.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks a lot this helps us. We have one small kid and I think it won't be great to grow him up in the middle of a construction site.

Steph

Did you buy there in the end and if so what are your thoughts now ? Nothing was built on Salesian land yet as far as I know?

Back