St Samsons in Balgriffin

Balgriffin

I've recently signed contracts for a house in St Samsons Square in Balgriffin and wondering if anyone has info on the finishing dates for the first block (St Samsons Court), or had any dealings with the builders Shannon Homes on any other developments and the quality of their work?

Anyone also got any general thoughts on Balgriffin, apart from that there isn't too much there at the moment apart from a cemetary and a pub. Though with the plans for the Belmayne development to the South there should eventually be more than enough local services.

Also, if anyone else is buying in this development or in Castlemoyne which is next to St Samsons, i've set up a website for residents @ http://www.balgriffin.com

Well, Tesco Clarehall is a few minute's walk from Balgriffin, Hilton hotel and Total Fitness closer!

Donaghmede s.c is 5 mins drive. Howth Junction train station 5 mins drive. Bus stop to town around the corner.

Good enough location I'd say. Close to Clare Hall, Malahide and Swords, as well as M1, M50 and airport. Aren't their plans to build a cinema, shops etc. toward the DART tracks, near the planned station adjacent to Grange Road?

From what i've read so far the Beaupark development is the first part of Capital North, which is to be a new town centre and is located near the Dart tracks. The Belmayne development which is between clare hall and St Samsons is to be a suburban centre as well so in a few years there will certainly be enough local services.

Or also how much were the semi detached houses in Mount Samson?

Are there anymore phases to come?

PINK said:
anyone any idea how much the houses are going to be in Belmayne

I havent seen any prices released yet for Belmayne, but it says on their website early 2006.

decembersal said:
Or also how much were the semi detached houses in Mount Samson?

Are there anymore phases to come?

The semi-detached were in the Castlemoyne development (4 and 5 beds) and from what i remember reading i think they went in the region of 650,000 - 800,000 depending on size and location. And there is another phase to the North-East though i dont know when this is planned for,

Hi

Is anyone waiting to move into the new phase of St Samsons - I have bought on Belmayn Park North, (although its the St Samson's development). Like to hear from anyone moving into this phase.

Hi LindaN. Ive also bought in Belmayne Park North. Am slightly confused whether its Samsons or just Belmayne? Iwas told Sept 07 for completion.

Hi Nell

I bought last year before the Belmayne properties were on sale, and I bought from HOK, who are the St Samson's agents. I think there are different agents for Belmayne. However, I was also confused when I got the address of Belmayne Park North. I was given a closing date of March April 2007. However, before Christmas I was had a call from the Foreman to let me know that my house was just ready, and that I would be snagging the first week in January.

I nearly had a fit, because my present house needs to be sold and there's not much happening in the market at the moment, as you know. I had hoped that it would be sold by end of March, April, which would fit in nicely with the St Samson's / Balmayne property coming ready.

However, I have heard nothing from the building about snagging, and my solicitor has not received any notification. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be ready for a while yet.

However, I'm now more confused than ever when you say that you were given a date of September 2007 - it seems you are on the same road, yet will not be ready for some time yet? Unless Belmayne Park North refers to the whole block, rather than just one street? What do you think?

LindaN

Hi Linda. I purchased in May and signed contracts during the Summer. I have heard absoloutly nothing from the builders/ HOK / Solicitor or anyone about it since. So I would imagine mine isnt ready anytime soon. Belmayne Park is a block rather than a street (my understanding). and theres a total of 3 blocks to be completed.

Just got word today. I will be invited to snag in 2 weeks so I think youre right about the dates. wasnt expecting it so soon TBH

Hi Nell

I wonder are they playing games - I was told that I would be snagging first week in January, and I've hear absolutely nothing since then.

I'm still hoping that nothing will happen until I sell my house - wishful thinking!!

Linda

I drove to the site today and the through road is still closed off and not open to the public, however the houses seem to be up and ready! We'll just have to see what date they give us to snag! drag it out as long as possible hopefully

Hi Linda, just wonndering if you've heard anything since... They havent come back to me 3+ weeks later.
cheers

Hi Nell

Just heard that I'm ready for snagging, although the official letter has not yet been received by me. I'm holding off until next week to snag, cos my own house doesn't close until later in Feb. I was up there weekend befor last, and was able to get up as far as the house, but not into it. If my house sale goes as planned, hopefully I'll be able to get floors, curtains sorted and be in sometime in March.

Let me know how you are doing

hi Linda, just got the official snag letter. Im new to this game, so youre not in a huge rush to get the house snagged - did they mention a 7 day time frame to you? Ive been given a closing date of feb 24th, I just dont think Ill have everything sorted!!!!

Back